We reserve the right to make changes to this Policy at any given time. If you want to make sure that you are up to date with the latest changes, we advise you to frequently visit this page. If at any point in time The Motivation Bug decides to make sure of any personally identifiable information on file, in a manner vastly different from that which was stated when this information was initially collected, the user or users shall be promptly notified by email. Users at that time shall have the option as to whether to permit the use of their information in this separate manner.
This Policy applies to The Motivation Bug, and it governs any and all data collection and usage by us. Through the use of themotivationbug.com, you are therefore consenting to the data collection procedures expressed in this Policy.
Specifically, this Policy will inform you of the following:
- What personally identifiable information is collected from you through our website;
- Why we collect personally identifiable information and the legal basis for such collection;
- How we use the collected information and with whom it may be shared;
- What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data; and
- The security procedures are in place to protect against the misuse of your information.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
It is always up to you whether to disclose personally identifiable information to us, although if you elect not to do so, we reserve the right not to register you as a user or provide you with any products or services. This website collects various types of information, such as:
- Voluntarily provided information which may include your name, address, email address, billing and/or credit card information, etc. which may be used when you purchase products and/or services and to deliver the services you have requested.
- Information is automatically collected when visiting our website, which may include cookies, third-party tracking technologies, and server logs.
If you purchase any products or services from The Motivation Bug, your billing and credit card information will be collected through Shopify Payment methods as well as through PayPal. This information is used to complete the purchase transaction. We do not collect any personal information about you unless you voluntarily provide it to us. However, you may be required to provide certain personal information to us when you elect to use certain products or services available on this site. These may include:
- Registering for an account;
- Signing up for special offers from selected third parties;
- Sending us an email message;
- Submitting your credit card or other payment information when ordering and purchasing products and services on the site.
We will use your information for, but not limited to, communicating with you concerning services and/or products you have requested from us. We also may gather additional personal or non-personal information in the future.
You are not obligated in any way to create an account on the site.
Please rest assured that this site will only collect personal information that you knowingly and willingly provide to us by way of submitting an order, creating an account, and sending emails. This site intends to use personal information only for the purpose for which it was requested, and any additional uses specifically provided for on this Policy.
WHY WE COLLECT INFORMATION AND FOR HOW LONG
We are collecting your data for several reasons:
- To better understand your needs and provide you with the services you have requested;
- To fulfill our legitimate interest in improving our services and products;
- To send you promotional emails containing information we think you may like when we have your consent to do so;
- To contact you to fill out our surveys or participate in other types of market research, when we have your consent to do so;
- When you submit an order and it needs to be fulfilled;
- To customize our website according to your online behavior and personal preferences.
The data we collect from you will be stored for no longer than it is necessary. The length of time we retain said information will be determined based upon the following criteria:
- Length of time your personal information remains relevant;
- The length of time it is reasonable to keep records to demonstrate that we have fulfilled our duties and obligations;
- Any limitation periods within which claims might be made;
- Any retention periods prescribed by law or recommended by regulators, professional bodies, or associations;
- The type of contract we have with you;
- The existence of your consent; and
- Our legitimate interest in keeping such information as stated in this Policy.
USE OF INFORMATION COLLECTED
The Motivation Bug does not now, nor will it in the future, sell, rent, or lease any of its customer lists and/or names to any third parties.
The Motivation Bug may collect and may use personal information to assist in the operation of our website and to ensure the delivery of products and services you request. At times, we may find it necessary to use personally identifiable information as a means to keep you informed of other possible products and/or services that may be available to you from https://themotivationbug.com.
The Motivation Bug may also be in contact with you with regards to completing surveys and/or research questionnaires related to your opinion of current or potential future products and/or services that may be offered.
SHARING INFORMATION WITH THIRD PARTIES
Again, The Motivation Bug does not sell, rent or lease its customer lists to any third parties. The Motivation Bug may share data with trusted partners to help perform statistical analysis, send you email or postal mail, provide customer support, or arrange for deliveries. All such third parties are prohibited from using your personal information except to provide these services to The Motivation Bug, and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of your information.
The Motivation Bug may disclose your personal information, without notice, if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- Conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on The Motivation Bug’s site;
- Protect and defend the rights or property of The Motivation Bug; and/or
- Act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of The Motivation Bug, or the public
The Motivation Bug uses various third-party social media features including but not limited to Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, and any other interactive programs. These may collect your IP address and require cookies to work properly. These services are governed by the privacy policies of the providers and are not within The Motivation Bug’s control.
The Motivation Bug may not use or disclose the information provided by you except under the following circumstances:
- As necessary to provide services or products you have ordered;
- In other ways described in this Policy or to which you have otherwise consented;
- In the aggregate with other information in such a way so that your identity cannot reasonably be determined;
- As required by law, or in response to a subpoena or search warrant;
- To outside auditors who have agreed to keep the information confidential;
- As necessary to enforce the Terms of Service; and
- As necessary to maintain, safeguard and preserve all the rights and property of The Motivation Bug.
TRACKING USER BEHAVIOR
The Motivation Bug may keep track of the websites and pages our users visit within the site in order to determine what products and services are the most popular. This data is used to deliver customized content and advertising within The Motivation Bug to customers whose behavior indicates that they are interested in a particular subject area.
AUTOMATICALLY COLLECT INFORMATION
Information about your computer hardware and software may be automatically collected by The Motivation Bug. This information can include:
- Your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times, and referring website addresses
This information is used for the operation of the services, to maintain the quality of the service, and to provide general statistics regarding the use of The Motivation Bug website.
The Motivation Bug website may use “cookies” to help personalize your online experience. A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard disk by a web page server. Cookies cannot be used to run the programs or deliver viruses to your computer. Cookies are uniquely assigned to you, and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you. One of the primary purposes of cookies is to provide a convenience feature to save you time. The purpose of a cookie is to tell the Web Server that you have returned to a specific page.
For example, if you personalize The Motivation Bug’s pages, like add a certain product to your wishlist, or register with The Motivation Bug’s site or services, a cookie helps The Motivation Bug to recall your specific information on subsequent visits. This simplifies the process of recording your personal information such as billing addresses, shipping addresses, and so on.
When you return to The Motivation Bug website, the information you previously provided can be retrieved, so you can easily use The Motivation Bug features that you customized. You have the ability to accept or decline cookies.
Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive feature of The Motivation Bug services or pages you visit.
SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
The Motivation Bug takes precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline. Wherever we collect sensitive information (e.g. credit card information), that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a lock icon in the address bar and looking for “https” at the beginning of the address of the webpage.
While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers and servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment. This is all done to prevent any loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, or modification of the user’s personal information under our control.
The Motivation Bug secures your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. The Motivation Bug uses the following methods for this purpose:
- SSL Protocol
- Shopify Services
- PayPal Services
The company also uses Secure Socket Layer (SSL) for authentication and private communications to build users’ trust and confidence on the internet and website use by providing simple and secure access and communication of credit card and personal information.
We strive to take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or alteration of your personal information.
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, you acknowledge that:
- There are security and privacy limitations inherent to the Internet which are beyond our control; and
- Security, integrity, and privacy of any and all information and data exchange between you and us through this site cannot be guaranteed
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 13
The Motivation Bug’s website is not directed to and does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from, children under the age of thirteen (13). If it is determined that such information has been inadvertently collected on anyone under the age of thirteen (13), we shall immediately take the necessary steps to ensure that such information is deleted from our systems’ database, or in the alternative, that verifiable parental consent is obtained for the use and storage of such information. Anyone under the age of thirteen (13) must seek and obtain parent or guardian permission to use this website.
From time to time, The Motivation Bug may contact you via email for the purposes of providing announcements, promotional offers, alerts, confirmations, surveys, and/or other general communication. All users and visitors to our website have the option to discontinue receiving communications from us by way of email or newsletters. If you would like to stop receiving marketing or promotional communications via email from The Motivation Bug, you may opt-out of such communications by clicking the unsubscribe button at the bottom of any email sent by The Motivation Bug. If you wish to unsubscribe or opt-out from any third-party websites, you must go to that specific website to unsubscribe or opt out. The Motivation Bug will continue to adhere to this Policy with respect to any personal information previously collected.
The Motivation Bug greatly respects your privacy. We do maintain and reserve the right to contact you if needed for non-marketing purposes (such as bug alerts, security breaches, account issues, and/or changes in The Motivation Bug products, services, and policies). In certain circumstances, we may use our website, newspapers, or other public means to post a notice.
NOTICE TO EUROPEAN UNION USERS
The Motivation Bug’s operations are located primarily in the United States. If you provide information to us, the information will be transferred to the European Union (EU) and then sent to the United States. (The adequacy decision on the EU-US Privacy became operational on August 1, 2016. This framework protects the fundamental rights of anyone in the EU whose personal data is transferred to the United States for commercial purposes. It allows the free transfer of data to companies that are certified in the US under the Privacy Shield). By providing personal information to us, you are consenting to its storage and use as described in this Policy.
Your continued use of The Motivation Bug’s site, products, and/or services available through this site after such modifications will constitute your:
- Acknowledgment of the modified Policy; and
- Agreement to abide and be bound by that Policy
ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS